Terms and Conditions
1.1 Your booking is not confirmed until you receive a booking confirmation letter or email from us.
1.2 By placing an order with us either verbally or via e-mail regardless of whether a booking form has been returned or deposit paid it is deemed that the customer has read, understood, fully agreed to and is bound by all our terms and conditions of hire.
1.3 In the event that Photo Booth is not ready to commence at the agreed time due to our fault, then we will still operate the agreed hire period by extending the finishing time of the hire (venue permitting). In the event that the hire does not start at the agreed time, as setup has been delayed due to any unforeseen circumstances that are no fault of Photo Booth, then the hire will still end as per the agreed time on booking form. In the event that we have set up in time but the hire does not start at the agreed time due to over running of previous activities by you or venue, the hire will still end as per the agreed time on booking form.
1.4 Photo Booth cannot be held responsible for any circumstances that may prevent us from attending your event; these may include but are not limited to severe weather conditions, traffic delays, breakdown of our vehicles, sickness or equipment failure. In the case that we cannot attend or fulfil your hire due to events beyond our control we will contact you or the venue as soon as possible. In these instances our liability will be limited to refunding all of monies paid.
Prices, Deposit & Balance Payments
2.1 All hires are subject to a deposit of at least £50 (Deposit is non-refundable).
2.2 The remaining balance to be paid in full and cleared 14 days prior to the event start date. If the operator uses the equipment for a time period in excess of the service period agreed, the coverage in rental time will be billed to the operator and must be paid before additional hours are provided.
2.3 Advertised prices are subject to change without prior notification.
2.4 Photo Booth reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue accounts at 2% above its banker’s current interest rate
3.1 See Below for Cancellation Charges
4.1 The company reserves the right to substitute hired equipment with equipment of a similar type and value without notice in the event of previous damage or loss of booked equipment.
4.2 All sizes quoted are approximate
4.3 All goods remain the property of the company at all times.
4.4 The company reserve the right to amend or alter any product specifications without prior notice.
Site Location, Facilities & Conduct
5.1 Hired equipment will be set up in one location only as agreed on arrival and will not be moved once set up. Please ensure there is sufficient space at your venue to set up the photo booth
5.2 Please ensure that you have obtained permission at your venue to use the photo booth.
5.3 Please inform us of any circumstances that would make setting the booth up more demanding, including going upstairs, long distances from unloading area to venue etc. We allocate a set period of time for setting up our equipment at your venue which is included within you price, but if there are any complications that are not made known to us beforehand then unfortunately this will come out of the run time.
5.4 The client is responsible for ensuring that suitable security and crowd control measures are in place prior to start of event.
5.5 The company reserves the right to cease operation and remove hired equipment from site if at any time a representative of the company feels that guests or clients conduct endangers the safety of the guests, clients, themselves or the safety of the hired equipment. In such cases no refund will be given and full contracted fees will be due to the company.
5.6 Photo Booth reserves the right to refuse guests admission into the photo booth if our staff feels they are
Liability & Insurance
6.1 The client agrees to cover the company for any damage or theft of the company’s equipment whilst on hire.
6.2 The company accept no liability for any damage or loss of personal property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment.
All other terms and conditions
7.1 Photo Booth may use any of the photographs from your event for suitable means; this includes but is not limited to advertising and promotional material either in print or on the internet. Attending your event would mean we and you agree and permission has been granted to do so by yourselves and your guests.
7.2 By hiring a photo booth from Photo Booth means you agree to all of our Terms and Conditions.
Please contact us if you are unclear on any of our terms and conditions before you book a booth for your event. We are only too happy to answer any questions you may have.
- It is the clients responsibility to ensure the area for the floor is flat, and in the case of the led floors, does not contain metal plates or raised metal edges which can short circuit the floor.
- No objects including tables, chairs, stickers, transfers or decorations are to be placed on the dancefloor.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure a clear path, free of tables and chairs, from the dancefloor to a working power supply.
- No food or drink to be taken onto the dancefloor as any spillages or broken glass can affect the surface or electrics, please get the DJ to regularly announce this.
- Please treat the floor as you would any other electrical product.
- Please avoid standing on the power cables. This may stop the floor from working.
- Confetti, especially metal confetti, and confetti cannons, are not allowed under any circumstances. These can both short circuit the dancefloor causing it to go off and cause permanent damage to the panels and power supply which we will charge for.
- We advise that the client and their guests do not take drinks onto the dancefloor. Any drinks spilled on the led dancefloor may cause the floor to stop working via short circuit. We cannot be held responsible if the floor will not re-light due to issues caused by spilled drinks by the client or their guests.
- We are always on call for the led dancefloor. As the floor is electric there is an extremely slim chance we may be needed to sort any problems, therefore please ensure you have our phone number on the night so we can come and sort any issues for you. We cannot deal with any issues after the event.
- If the floor has been damaged in use we will give you the option of taking up the dancefloor and trying to fix the problem for you. It is your choice whether we do so, which may mean clearing the dancefloor area until fixed. We may not be able to resolve the problem if you do not allow this.
Cancellation fees are clearly stated below and WILL be adhered to regardless of reason. Any refusal to pay will result in legal action being taken. All events require payment 2 weeks prior to the event date. If payment is not received we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
All cancellations MUST be given in writing by letter or email.
1) Less than 1 months’ notice to date of event = FULL amount.
2) Up to 3 months before the date of the event = 50% of full amount.
3) More than 3 months’ notice to date of event = £50.